Monday, May 03, 2010

Failed explosion!

Thank God for a vigilant vendor in Times Square spotting a suspicious vehicle. I hate to admit it, but I'd thought about blowing up propane tanks. It's just that the damned things are everywhere and under $20. But how would you ignite such a thing? Without blowing one up in a deserted area, like those Mythbuster guys would do, how would you know it would be set off? So it is my understanding that there were gas tanks and firecrackers as well in there. At what temperature will the tanks explode? And why not, as one guy suggested, were the release valves turned on prior to the attempted explosion?

Now, I hear of a naturalized U.S. citizen of Paki origin who is the suspect. Geez, all I hear about over in Afghanistan and Pakistan are successful detonations. Haven't they perfected the technique?
Too bad this guy is a U.S. citizen and can get all lawyered up. I do not make any assumptions that we will be so lucky in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home